COMPARATIVE LAW CONSULTANT/ANALYST
Operate under the supervision of a US licensed lawyer in order to provide cross-border advice to the US and foreign clients. Provide civil law advice on probate matters and real estate transactions. Draft formal legal opinions and memorandums of law. Perform legal research and writing on both common and civil law issues and the interplay between the two. Provide legal advice to foreigners to help them set up companies and follow applicable law(s), under the supervision of a US licensed attorney. Provide legal advice and services to foreign clients on trusts and estates, corporate, and tax law matters under supervision of a US licensed attorney. Draft contracts and other legal documents with a focus on international requirements. Interpret law, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses from both civil and common law jurisdictions. Supervise the firm’s law student interns and/or paralegals for any civil law or comparative law related matters.
Hours: 40hrs/week : 9 AM to 6 PM
Rate of Pay: $63,170.00 per year
Minimum Job Requirements:
JD Degree from an accredited law school required, and a Civil Law Degree from an accredited foreign law school required. Minimum 1 year experience in Civil Law field in a foreign jurisdiction. Understanding of the legal system, rules and regulations in civil law countries. Understanding of the U.S. legal system, rules and regulations in common law countries. Ability to compare legal systems and provide analysis on international legal transactions.. Ability to communicate in person, by phone, or in writing with foreign clients. Decision making and problem solving abilities.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to:
Eric P. Gros-Dubois
EPGD Attorneys At Law, P.A.
2701 Ponce De Leon Blvd. Suite 202
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Recent Blog Posts
- Obtaining a Florida Real Estate Sales Associate License as an Attorney
- Looking Into Trust Fund Recovery
- Is Franchising right for you?
- Check out this treaty that protects your trademark further!
- Help! I’m liable for trademark infringement!
- For the musicians in life!
- WIPO and what it does for your brand!
- Trademarks: Contested v. Uncontested
- Federal Intellectual Property – What you should know about securing a judgement.
- R is not for railroad or movie ratings…
- FLSA rights to make Mary Poppins proud!
- Where there’s a will, there’s a way! #CivilTheftRelief
- Medicaid; What you should know!
- Love and Marriage.. I mean, Taxes and Bankruptcy…
- “Drive By” Lawsuits…. what?