Dan Sarfati – Associate Attorney
Dan was born and raised in North Miami Beach, FL, and graduated from Nova Southeastern University with a Bachelor of Science in 2005, while majoring in Psychology.
With an eye towards residing and serving South Florida’s diverse community, Dan attended and graduated from Florida International University College of Law in 2010. During his tenure, Dan served as Research Assistant to Professor Carlton Waterhouse (Property Law) and Professor Hannibal Travis (Intellectual Property Law), named to the Dean’s List during multiple semesters and earned the Book Award in Internet Law. Further, Dan clerked for a prestigious Plaintiff’s commercial litigation firm in Miami, FL, along with interning for the Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel Office for the 3rd District.
Dan began his legal career as a solo practitioner primarily focusing on business law and probate matters. Concurrent with operating his law practice, Dan served as Legal Intern to the Honorable Lawrence Schwartz (Ret.), who presided over Probate & Guardianship cases for the 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida.
Focused on sharpening his litigation skillset, Dan joined a Plaintiff’s firm, representing institutional lenders in all aspects of residential foreclosure matters throughout the State of Florida. Subsequently, Dan moved on to join a large civil defense firm where he focused on representing law firms, accounting practices and real estate brokerages in litigation related to investor fraud claims (most notably the Scott Rothstein Ponzi Scheme), along with companies in employment discrimination matters in front of the EEOC.
Dan is an active member of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, the Jewish National Fund, AIPAC, Founding President of Miami Business Networks and Dade County Bar Association. As a CLE instructor, Dan focuses on educating attorneys on the importance of maintaining wellness in the workplace and speaks at law schools, chambers of commerce and professional associations on the subject.
Dan focuses his practice on business and commercial law.
State of Florida
United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Recent Blog Posts
- “Drive By” Lawsuits…. what?
- A Mini-Guide for Employers on Writ of Garnishment
- How well do you know your FMLA rights?
- What is Florida Homestead Portability?
- If you have a loved one with special needs, you may want to read this.
- Will You? … Will you be my special one?
- Let’s blow the whistle on this joint.
- Is your spouse a Non-US Citizen? Do you have a QDOT in place?
- Could Dorothy be Held Liable for Foreign Taxes in The Land of OZ?
- 2016 Corporate Tax Filing Deadline
- What happens to a Single Member LLC, once the member of the LLC dies?
- Receiving Social Security from an Ex-Spouse
- Buyers of Real Property May Be Held Liable for the Tax of a Foreign Seller!
- USCIS New Hire Update
- How a Tax Lien Works