Eric P. Gros-Dubois – Founding Partner
Eric Gros-Dubois is the founder of EPGD Business Law. With a JD and MBA, and a specialization in finance, Eric is able to step back and view the legal world through a commercial lens while also acting as a trusted business advisor for his clients.
Before founding EPGD, Mr. Gros-Dubois’s areas of concentration included business transactions, tax controversies, and estate & trust planning. While at a prominent firm located in Washington, DC, his path led him to Miami, FL where he handled commercial transactions and business litigation. Beyond his experience in these practices, he spent a summer with a non-profit organization, interned with a private equity group, and devoted a semester to the Federal Tax clinic representing taxpayers before the U.S. Tax Courts. Essentially laying the foundation for the future of EPGD Business Law.
When asked to identify his thoughts on practicing law, Eric answers without hesitation: “People aren’t hiring us to solve legal problems, they’re hiring us to solve personal problems.” With his hands on approach, Eric builds strong client-attorney relationships and finds himself intimately involved in each of his cases even after they’ve been resolved. Despite his heavy work schedule, Eric still finds the time to be an outstanding member of the community as a Trustee of the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, former president of the Rotary Club of Brickell, past vice president of BNI Coral Gables, past president of his Home Owner’s Association, and supports many fundraisers devoted to the community. Eric has also been a regular speaker for MyLawCLE, The American Immigration Lawyers Association, and more.
- Jesuit College Preparatory School, Dallas
- Southern Methodist University. Bachelor of Arts. Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Washington College of Law. Juris Doctor
- Kogod School of Business. Masters in Business Administration
- State of New York
- State of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- State of Florida
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Federal District Court for Maryland
- U.S. Tax Court
Lectures & Presentations:
- CLE Lecture: Piercing the Corporate Veil and Reverse Piercing Fundamentals
- CLE Lecture: Law Office Accounting: Managing Trust Accounts, Retainers, Billable Hours & more
- CLE Lecture: Major Mistakes to Eliminate in Forming & Operating LLCs
- CLE Lecture: Accounting 102 for Lawyers
- CLE Lecture: EB-5 and Beyond: Counseling the Foreign Entrepreneur on Immigration, Business, Tax, & Legal Considerations
- CLE Lecture: Starting and Running a Small Law Firm
- Featured Speaker at Universidad de La Sabana in Chia, Colombia and Club de Bridge in Bogota, Colombia, “Migracion, negocios e impuestos en Estados Unidos.” May 2016
- Featured Speaker at Jornadas Asia Pacifico in Santiago, Chile. July 2016
- Featured Speaker at III Regenerative Medicine Symposium in Buenos Aires, Argentina. “Tax Concerns and Foreign Nationals.” October 2016
- Panelist at 2016 American Immigration Lawyer’s Las Vegas Symposium on Law Firm Management
- Featured Presenter at Microsoft Startup Institute, “5 Things Every Entrepreneur Needs to Know.” September, 2016
- Featured Speaker at SCORE at Venture Café Miami. “5 Legal Issues for Ever Startup.” January 2017
Recent Blog Posts
- “Drive By” Lawsuits…. what?
- A Mini-Guide for Employers on Writ of Garnishment
- How well do you know your FMLA rights?
- What is Florida Homestead Portability?
- If you have a loved one with special needs, you may want to read this.
- Will You? … Will you be my special one?
- Let’s blow the whistle on this joint.
- Is your spouse a Non-US Citizen? Do you have a QDOT in place?
- Could Dorothy be Held Liable for Foreign Taxes in The Land of OZ?
- 2016 Corporate Tax Filing Deadline
- What happens to a Single Member LLC, once the member of the LLC dies?
- Receiving Social Security from an Ex-Spouse
- Buyers of Real Property May Be Held Liable for the Tax of a Foreign Seller!
- USCIS New Hire Update
- How a Tax Lien Works