Elizabeth Fernandez, Esq.
Sr. Estate & Trust Associate
Elizabeth Fernandez is an attorney in EPGD Law’s probate and estate planning department. She received her B.A. in Political Science from Florida International University, while she worked for FIU Advancement and the FIU Office of Alumni Relations. She is also a Lifetime Member of the FIU Alumni Association. Elizabeth earned her Juris Doctor with honors from St. Thomas University School of Law. While in law school, she was the President of the St. Thomas University Chapter of the Cuban American Bar Association and briefly served as Executive Vice President of the St. Thomas University Trial Team. Elizabeth received the CALI Book Award for Administrative law and earned Dean’s List distinctions several times. Before joining EPGD Law, Mrs. Fernandez interned at the City of Miami City Attorney’s Office, where she assisted in civil litigation matters, and the CABA Pro Bono Project.
Elizabeth is involved in the following professional associations:
- Dade County Bar Association
- South Miami Kendall Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
Elizabeth is fluent in Spanish, and is admitted to the Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida, and the US Tax Court. In her spare time, Elizabeth enjoys attending sporting events and concerts, and spending time with her family.
Elizabeth focuses her practice on Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Guardianship, Probate, and Advanced Directives.
- Law Office Management for Paralegals
- Tax Fundamentals of Estate Planning
- Estate Planning 101
- The Impact of Tax Reforms on LLC’s and Other Pass-Through Entities
- TBA: Drafting Nonprofit Bylaws: Protecting Your Organization
- TBA: Digital Assets in Estate Administration
- TBA: The Fundamentals of Legal Writing
Presentations / Speaking Engagements
- Featured Speaker at Partners for Self Employment Small Business Clinic, “Succession Planning for Business Owners.” April, 2018
On a Personal Note:
- Elizabeth enjoys attending concerts, sports events, and hanging out with her family.