Sr. Trusts & Estates Associate, Chair of the Trusts & Estates Practice Group
Elizabeth Fernandez focuses her practice on Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Guardianship, Probate, and Advanced Directives.
Elizabeth Fernandez received her B.A. in Political Science from Florida International University, while she worked for FIU Advancement and the FIU Office of Alumni Relations. She is also a Lifetime Member of the FIU Alumni Association. Elizabeth earned her Juris Doctor with honors from St. Thomas University School of Law. While in law school, she was the President of the St. Thomas University Chapter of the Cuban American Bar Association and briefly served as Executive Vice President of the St. Thomas University Trial Team. Elizabeth received the CALI Book Award for Administrative Law and earned Dean’s List distinctions several times. Before joining EPGD Law, Mrs. Fernandez interned at the City of Miami City Attorney’s Office, where she assisted in civil litigation matters, and the CABA Pro Bono Project. Elizabeth is fluent in Spanish, and is admitted to the Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida, and the U.S. Tax Court.
Elizabeth is involved in the following professional associations:
Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL)
South Miami Kendall Bar Association (SMKBA)
Cuban American Bar Association (CABA)
- Florida International University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with Honors 2010
- St. Thomas University School of Law, Juris Doctor with Honors 2015
- Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2017
- U.S. Tax Court, 2017
- Obtained a determination of heirship through DNA testing for the child of a deceased individual who was not listed on the child’s birth certificate, allowing the child to become a recognized beneficiary of the decedent’s estate.
- Successfully obtained an order to remove a personal representative of probate estate for ongoing breaches of fiduciary duties to estate beneficiaries.
- Drafting Job Descriptions for Exempt Roles (2019)*
- Drafting Essential Estate Planning Documents (2019)*
- LLC Operating Agreements From Start to Finish (2019)*
- The Fundamentals of Legal Writing (2019)*
- Common Mistakes in Handling LLC Member Interests (2018)*
- Digital Assets in Estate Administration (2018)*
- Drafting Nonprofit Bylaws: Protecting Your Organization (2018)*
- The Impact of Tax Reform on LLCs and Other Pass-Through Entities (2018)*
- Tax Fundamentals of Estate Planning (2018)*
- Law Office Management for Paralegals (2018)*
- Estate Planning 101: Different Types & Uses of Trusts (2018)*
*Course is available online through myLawCLE
- Featured Speaker at Partners for Self Employment Small Business Clinic, “Succession Planning for Business Owners.” April 2018
- Featured Speaker at Venture X West Palm Beach, “Estate Planning 101”, April 2019
- City of Miami City Attorney’s Office Internship
- CABA Pro Bono Project
- Admitted to the Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Admitted to the U.S. Tax Court