Senior Litigation Associate
Raúl Reichard concentrates his practice in Civil and Business Litigation. His area of expertise includes business-related disputes, as well as Civil Litigation and Trial Practice.
He has worked at an Am Law 200 as well as mid-size and boutique firms. Mr. Reichard has represented major, national lending institutions and insurance corporations. He also has practiced international commercial litigation and securities arbitration representing investor-plaintiffs.
Born and raised in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Mr. Reichard attended Colegio San Ignacio de Loyola. Afterwards, he attended Harvard University where he graduated with honors with a concentration in Social Anthropology and a minor in French studies. Later having studied law in the University of Puerto Rico, he is fluent in legal-level Spanish and thus able to draft all manner of legal documents and advocate in Spanish, including court documents, pleadings, motions, and contracts. Prior to entering law school, Mr. Reichard worked as a corporate paralegal in the New York office of Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen and Hamilton and later worked for a former President of the United States and a national presidential political campaign organizing events all over the country.
More specifically, regarding his legal experience, Mr. Reichard has represented one of the world’s largest international banking and financial services holding companies (Wachovia and later Wells Fargo Bank) in contractual disputes, acted as liaison with local counsel in a products liability defense case arising in South America to bridge differences between Common Law and Civil Law, and has participated in pro bono cases including a four-year immigration representation of a Central American unaccompanied minor seeking dependency and residency. He also has participated in an International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) high-stakes international arbitration. As a Securities Litigation and Arbitration Of Counsel, Mr. Reichard represented investors from multiple jurisdictions in stockbroker and broker-dealer misconduct disputes, investment fraud, and other securities-related FINRA arbitration and securities litigation matters.
On a personal note, Mr. Reichard has spent considerable time living and working abroad, having also attended Université Catholique de Paris in Paris, France and Lorenzo de’Medici Institute in Florence, Italy. Mr. Reichard is passionate about languages as evidenced by his studies in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Italian. Raúl’s personal motto is “Onwards and upwards.” He enjoys following national politics and basketball, walks with his beloved Boston Terrier fur daughter named Nena, and is especially skilled at drawing and painting.
- LL.M. in International Law, Specializing in International Arbitration, University of Miami School of Law
- J.D., University of Puerto Rico School of Law
- B.A., Harvard University, cum laude
- State of Florida
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Professional Community Involvement
- Impact Circle, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami (“BBBS”): Steering Committee, 2009-2011
- BBBS: “Big” (Mentor) of at-risk youth, 2010
- Harvard Club of Miami: Member; Harvard College Admissions Office: Alumni Interviewer, 2009-Present
- CABA Pro Bono Project, Unaccompanied Immigrant Minor’s Project Pro Bono Attorney (procured minor’s dependency thus avoiding deportation and aided in obtention of visa/residency), 2013-2018.
- Fluent in Spanish (including at native, legal, and business levels)
- Fluent in French
- Proficient in Portuguese
- Basic Italian
- Civil Litigation & Trial Practice
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A.
- Lydecker Diaz
- Osorio Internacional, P.A.