Maria Paula Ramirez was born in Bogotá, Colombia and obtained her Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree at Los Andes University in Colombia in 2007, she is specialized in Financial Law and Stock Exchange Markets and she earned a Master of Laws degree (LLM) from Florida International University-FIU College of Law in 2020.
She has more than 12 years of experience working on corporate affairs and regulatory compliance in entities such as the Colombian stock exchange, broker dealers, institutional investors and a specialized law firm.
In Colombia, she had the opportunity to participate directly in the development of important M&A transactions in the financial industry such as the acquisition of ING Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones y Cesantías by Grupo Suramericana in 2011 and the subsequent merger with the pension fund Proteccion, the acquisition of Alianza Valores Comisionista de Bolsa by Advent International in 2014 and the merger of the colombian stock exchange (Bolsa de Valores de Colombia-BVC) and the centralized securities depository-DECEVAL in 2016.
Back in Colombia she also was part of the team that prepared the decree that compiled all applicable regulations for financial, insurance and stock market industry (Decreto Único del Sistema Financiero, Asegurador y del Mercado de Valores No. 2555, 2010).
- Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA)
- Anti-Money Laundering Certified Associate (AMLCA), 2021
- Florida International University – FIU College of Law, Miami Florida
- Master of Laws (LL.M), 2020
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Colombia
- Major – Financial Law and Stock Exchange Markets, 2008
- Universidad de los Andes, Colombia
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), (Lawyer), 2007