Eric P. Gros-Dubois, Esq.
Eric Gros-Dubois is the founder of EPGD Business Law, head of the firm’s corporate and tax practice, and manages EPGD’s Washington D.C. office. With a JD and MBA, and a specialization in finance, Eric is able to step back and view the legal world through a commercial lens while also acting as a trusted business advisor for his clients.
Before founding EPGD, Mr. Gros-Dubois’s areas of concentration included business transactions, tax controversies, and estate & trust planning. While at a prominent firm located in Washington, DC, his path led him to Miami, FL where he handled commercial transactions and business litigation. Beyond his experience in these practices, he spent a summer with a non-profit organization, interned with a private equity group, and devoted a semester to the Federal Tax clinic representing taxpayers before the U.S. Tax Courts. Essentially laying the foundation for the future of EPGD Business Law.
When asked to identify his thoughts on practicing law, Eric answers without hesitation: “People aren’t hiring us to solve legal problems, they’re hiring us to solve personal problems.” With his hands on approach, Eric builds strong client-attorney relationships and finds himself intimately involved in each of his cases even after they’ve been resolved. Despite his heavy work schedule, Eric still finds the time to be an outstanding member of the community as a Trustee of the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, former president of the Rotary Club of Brickell, past vice president of BNI Coral Gables, past president of his Home Owner’s Association, and supports many fundraisers devoted to the community. Eric has also been a regular speaker for MyLawCLE, The American Immigration Lawyers Association, and more.
- Jesuit College Preparatory School, Dallas
- Southern Methodist University. Bachelor of Arts. Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Washington College of Law. Juris Doctor
- Kogod School of Business. Masters in Business Administration
- State of New York
- State of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- State of Florida
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Federal District Court for Maryland
- U.S. Tax Court
Lectures & Presentations:
- CLE Lecture: Employment Law 101: Independent Contractors versus Employees; Hourly versus Salary; Restrictive Covenants and Discrimination
- CLE Lecture: Piercing and Reverse Piercing the Corporate Veil 2018 Update
- CLE Lecture: Law Firm Management – Engagement Letter Variations, Referral Fees, Trust Accounting, and Law Firm Financial Management
- CLE Lecture: Fundamentals of Form 1099: New Requirements!
- CLE Lecture: Accounting 101 for Attorneys (2018 Edition) with Brian George of CALAS Group
- CLE Lecture: Corporate Tax Planning and the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017
- CLE Lecture: Piercing the Corporate Veil and Reverse Piercing Fundamentals
- CLE Lecture: Law Office Accounting: Managing Trust Accounts, Retainers, Billable Hours & more
- CLE Lecture: Major Mistakes to Eliminate in Forming & Operating LLCs
- CLE Lecture: Accounting 102 for Lawyers
- CLE Lecture: EB-5 and Beyond: Counseling the Foreign Entrepreneur on Immigration, Business, Tax, & Legal Considerations
- CLE Lecture: Starting and Running a Small Law Firm
- Featured Speaker at Universidad de La Sabana in Chia, Colombia and Club de Bridge in Bogota, Colombia, “Migracion, negocios e impuestos en Estados Unidos.” May, 2016
- Panelist at 2016 American Immigration Lawyer Association’s Las Vegas Symposium on Law Firm Management. June, 2016
- Featured Speaker at Jornadas Asia Pacifico Conference in Santiago, Chile. July, 2016
- Featured Presenter at Microsoft Startup Institute, “5 Things Every Entrepreneur Needs to Know.” September, 2016
- Featured Speaker at III Regenerative Medicine Symposium in Buenos Aires, Argentine, “Tax Concerns and Foreign Nationals.” October, 2016
- Featured Speaker at SCORE at Venture Café Miami. “5 Legal Issues for Ever Startup.” January, 2017
- Featured Speaker at Ibague Business and Immigration Law Conference. “Coming to and Doing Business in the United States.” July, 2017
- Featured Speaker at Impact Seminar for Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce. “The Entrepreur Life Cycle.” July, 2017
- Featured Speaker at American Immigration Lawyer Association’s Miami Roundtable: “Financial Bootcamp for Lawfirm Owners and Immigration Attorneys.” August, 2017
- Featured Speaker at OWIT, Organization of Woemn in International Trade: “Doing Business in the United States.” August, 2017
On a Personal Note:
- When he’s not at work, Eric enjoys cooking, sailing, chess, and reading.