Mr. Gomez focuses his practice on all aspects of business law with a heavy focus on litigation. Born and raised in Miami, FL, Mr. Gomez attended Belen Jesuit Preparatory School (2001) before attending college and earning a Bachelor of Science in Political Science with honors at Florida State University (2005). Mr. Gomez worked as a certified crisis hotline counselor for Big Bend of Tallahassee during his time in college, made Dean’s List consistently, and additionally was active in the Hispanic-Latino Student Union and Hispanic Honor Society. Mr. Gomez earned recognition for his undergraduate track record by obtaining the prestigious DePaul Achievement Scholarship to attend DePaul University College of Law in Chicago, Illinois. During his time in law school Mr. Gomez clerked at a Plaintiff’s medical malpractice firm in Chicago, IL and a commercial litigation firm in Miami, FL.
Mr. Gomez was admitted to practice law in the State of Florida in 2008 and began his career representing institutional lenders in bankruptcy with a law firm in Broward County, FL until 2010. From 2011 to 2016 Mr. Gomez worked for a firm in Miami, FL handling contract, landlord-tenant, commercial, corporate, real estate, tax, and intellectual property matters. Mr. Gomez is a member of the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, Coral Gables Bar Association, the Cuban American Bar Association, the Dade County Bar Association, and the Florida State University Alumni Association. Mr. Gomez is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida and the Florida Southern, Middle, and Northern District U.S. Bankruptcy Courts.
Oscar is first and foremost a litigator with a focus on resolving business disputes, real estate matters, and employment Matters through Mediation, Arbitration, and Litigation. Oscar’s passion is taking on good cases regardless of Plaintiff or Defense and resolving people’s problems to the best of his ability.
In 2017 Mr. Gomez was named to Florida Trend magazine’s Florida Legal Elite.
- Belen Jesuit Preparatory School
- Florida State University. Bachelor of Science in Political Science
- DePaul University College of Law
- Florida Middle District Bankruptcy Court
- Florida Northern District Bankruptcy Court
- Florida Southern District Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Successfully defended business owner against intentional tort claims (conversion and civil theft) brought by publicly traded company. Won at trial on directed verdict.
- Successfully defended Miami business in Fair Labor Standards Act litigation.
- Successfully defended Miami Beach realtor through jury trial in action for alleged Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUPTA) and civil theft violations.
- Obtained Stipulation of Settlement and attorneys’ fees for Plaintiff in ADA action brought against owner of historic building in Downtown Miami.
- Successfully prosecuted Breach of Contract action on behalf of Florida real estate developers which led to settlement for sale of property.
- Successfully defended large corporation in whistleblower action by employee.
On a Personal Note:
- Oscar’s favorite hobby is tennis. Oscar also enjoys fantasy sports, the Miami Heat, and the Florida State Seminoles.