Alberto “Papo” Manrara leverages his extensive experience in all facets of litigation to produce favorable results for our clients. After five years in the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office as a trial prosecutor, he developed the expertise and ability to assist clients obtain a timely and cost effective resolution of legal matters.
He prosecuted hundreds of felony cases from start to finish, ranging from drug possession and violent crimes to life felonies and non-bondable offenses. As a prosecutor, Mr. Manrara tried over 50 bench trial cases to verdict, was lead counsel for jury selection in many jury trials and tried over a dozen cases to verdict before a jury. Mr. Manrara’s litigation skills were recognized when he was chosen to serve as Assistant Chief of the Juvenile Division. There he was responsible for the supervision, training and trial preparation of dozens of attorneys. In an era where few attorneys ever set foot inside a courtroom, he successfully argued extensive motions, including pre-trial hearings, sidebar objection conferences, and summary judgment motions during trial. This experience benefits our clients by ensuring that navigating through the court and legal system is handled by a very experienced attorney.
Before law school, Alberto, or “Papo”, as he is widely known, worked as a Litigation Paralegal at the Manhattan office of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP. He earned his undergraduate degree in Psychology from the University of Florida, with honors, where he was a proud member of the Honors College, the Florida Cicerones, Florida Blue Key Leadership Honorary, and his fraternity. He was heavily involved in the UF Student Government and as Vice President of the Florida Cicerones. He remained at UF to earn a Master of Science in Management, with honors, and was selected as a Poe Ethics Fellow by his professors.
Papo attended Villanova University School of Law under the prestigious Deirdre L. Bailey Leadership Scholarship, graduating with honors. His oral and written advocacy skills were recognized by his selection to the Moot Court Board and to serve as a Teaching Assistant for the first year legal writing course. He was also selected to participate in the prestigious Pepper Hamilton Business Law and Entrepreneurship Externship. During his summers, Papo interned for Federal Magistrate Judge David Strawbridge, clerked for Judge Gil Freeman in Miami’s Complex Business Litigation Division, and worked for Griesing Law, a renowned NAMWOLF boutique litigation firm in Philadelphia.
While at EPGD, Papo has been a leader in our litigation department and has delivered favorable results for various clients in franchisor-franchisee disputes, partnership disputes within a corporation or LLC, various breach of commercial contract matters, and hotly-contested probate litigations on behalf of beneficiaries, among many other matters and disputes. He was named Partner at EPGD in February 2022 in recognition of his hard work, leadership within the firm and the local community, and his demonstrated acumen as a strategic litigator.
On a Personal Note: Papo was born and raised in Coral Gables, Florida, where he currently lives with his wife, his lovely daughter, and his pet French Bulldog, Porkchop. Papo enjoys watching Gator sports, playing Disc Golf, and visiting national parks.
- Florida, 2013
- Southern District of Florida, 2018
- Belen Jesuit Preparatory School – 2001, with honors
- University of Florida – 2005 B.S. Psychology, with honors; 2006 M.S. Business Management, with honors
- Villanova University School of Law – 2012 J.D., with honors
- Belen Jesuit Alumni Association – Lawyers Section
- University of Florida Alumni Association – Lifetime Member
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA)
- League of Prosecutors (LOP) – Board of Directors
- Coral Gables War Memorial Youth Center Association – Board of Directors
- Coral Gables Bar Association – Board of Directors
- Property Advisory Board for the City of Coral Gables
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton, Garrison LLP – Litigation Paralegal
- Complex Business Litigation Division of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit – Law Clerk
- Salazar Jackson, LLP – Associate
- Miami Dade County State Attorney’s Office – Trial Prosecutor