Category Archives: Immigration Law

Can small Start-up Companies Sponsor Foreign Individuals when Their OPT has Expired?

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is temporary work authorization, granted to F-1 “International Student” visa holders. OPT is offered to students that qualify under their degree program to engage in work directly related to their major area of study.

Are Officers and Directors of U.S Non-Profit Organizations Required to be U.S Citizens or Legal Permanent Residents?

Board members are responsible for making strategic goals and decisions for the charitable organization. Officers are generally the “responsible party” of the entity and oversee all financial compliance and funding while working under the board of directors’ control. Generally, there are no restrictions on foreign ownership of a company formed in the United States. Further,…   + Read More…

How can Foreigners Start a Business in the United States?

Starting a new business in the US can be intimidating, especially for those that are not US residents.  However, starting a business in the US is not as complicated as you may think.  In any case though, it is best to contact a business attorney to ensure everything goes smoothly and there are no future…   + Read More…

Can United States Companies Export Goods to Venezuela?

For the most part U.S. companies should be okay when exporting to Venezuela, but there are a few executive orders to be aware of prior to engaging in exportation.