How can I Report an Amazon Vendor if I am a Seller or Buyer?

As of today, Amazon allows customers to purchase items and receive them either that same day or within two days. Can you say convenience? Absolutely. All it takes is the click of a button and boom – your product arrives at your doorstep. But, of course, this convenience comes at a price. Recently, stories have surfaced about consumers purchasing expired goods, broken products, and even counterfeit items. Additionally, some sellers are losing business to other sellers who market these fraudulent or defective items. Whether you are an Amazon buyer or seller, here’s how you can protect yourself.

How Can I Report an Amazon Vendor if I am a Seller?

Several issues can come up when purchasing items on Amazon. A vendor might not respond, refund the money you deserve, or exchange a product you are attempting to exchange. Amazon encourages sellers or consumers to report seller violations of Amazon’s policies. A buyer can can report a vendor through Amazon for violations like listing abuse, which means a seller has violated Amazon’s product detail page rules. All you have to do is follow this link. On the other hand, a seller can report a buyer if experiencing trouble with their payment or the buyer is constantly purchasing and returning items.

How Can I Report an Amazon Vendor if I am a Buyer?

To report a problem with a vendor on Amazon, as a consumer, locate the order you have a problem with.. Click File/View Claim. Then, select a reason code that describes your issue. Lastly, select the resolution you would like: a refund, a new item, a vendor credit, etc.

Are there other ways to Report outside of Amazon?

A substantial amount of products sold on Amazon fall under the regulation of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), specifically the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act (FPLA).

The FPLA issues regulations that require that all “consumer commodities” be labeled to disclose net contents, identity of commodity and name and place of business of the product’s manufacturer, packer, or distributor. However, for purposes of the FPLA regulations, the term “consumer commodity” does not include any food, drug, device or cosmetic as defined by section 201 of the FDA (21 U.S.C. 321). Instead, the FDA regulates such industries.

If you are a consumer, health professional, or member of the food industry who wants to voluntarily report a complaint or adverse event related to any food product except meat and poultry, you can call an FDA Consumer Complaint Coordinator if you wish to speak directly to a person about your problem or fill out this online form on the FDA website. To report a violation about a consumer commodity not regulated by the FDA, file a complaint with the FTC here.


EPGD Business Law is located in beautiful Coral Gables, West Palm Beach and historic Washington D.C. Call us at (786) 837-6787, or contact us through the website to schedule a consultation.

*Disclaimer: this blog post is not intended to be legal advice. We highly recommend speaking to an attorney if you have any legal concerns. Contacting us through our website does not establish an attorney-client relationship.*

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email